Turkey Vegetable Chili
Presentor: Trilogy Medical
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1 lb. ground turkey, lean
- 8 oz. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ Tbs. coconut oil + 1 Tbs. coconut oil reserved
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh chives to garnish
- Heat small pot and drizzle ½ Tbs. coconut oil over medium-high. Add ground turkey. Stir occasionally until turkey is cooked through. Drain any excess fat and set aside.
- Heat large pot and drizzle remaining 1 Tbs. coconut oil over medium-high.
- Add onions, red chili peppers, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle cumin over onion mixture and stir well.
- Add celery, carrot, and bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until vegetables begin to tenderize.
- Add tomatoes and beans. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally or until tomatoes have broken down and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in spinach until slightly wilted.
- Add cooked turkey and mix through. Remove from heat.
- Season the chili to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the chili onto serving dishes and spoon 1 Tbs. of Greek yogurt onto each of the 4 bowls.
- Garnish with chives and serve. Enjoy!