Tofu and Chicken Soup
Presentor: Trilogy Medical
Recipe type: Soups
- 1-½ cups chicken breast, shredded
- 14 oz. package of extra firm tofu, cubed
- ¼ cup egg whites
- 3-½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cabbage, cooked and shredded (can use coleslaw mix)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 3 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Tamari sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot, and add coconut oil and garlic over medium heat and sauté for 1 minute. Add broth, vinegar, Tamari sauce, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and tofu. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add egg whites, stirring to mix.
- Add cabbage and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sesame oil.
- Serve and enjoy!