Recipes: Main Dish Salads
Sweet Halibut Salad
Presentor: Trilogy Medical
Recipe type: Main Dish Salads
- 4 6-oz. halibut steaks, skinless and bones removed
- 6 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix spices to make a rub for fish. Gently rub spices into halibut.
- Heat large skillet (or electric skillet) on medium-high. Cook halibut for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until opaque and flaky.
- While fish is cooking, make a salad mixture by combining spinach, cucumber, strawberries, kiwis, lemon juice, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Top salad mixture with halibut before serving. Enjoy!