Sunshine Pumpkin Muffins
Presentor: Trilogy Medical
Recipe type: Cereals
- 1 cup Old Fashioned oats
- ½ cup amaranth or quinoa flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup craisins or raisins
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup canned pure pumpkin
- 2 large egg whites + 1 yolk, beaten lightly
- 3 Tbs. coconut oil
- ½ cup pure unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbs. baking powder, double-acting
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray muffin pan with coconut oil cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats and all well ingredients (applesauce, pumpkin, eggs, oil, and almond milk). Add craisins or raisins and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients: baking powder, baking soda, spices, and flours. Mix well. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients from medium bowl. Mix until all dry ingredients are just moistened. Fill muffin cups to two-thirds full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from oven when done and let cool in muffin tins for 2-3 minutes. Remove muffins from tin and store in airtight container.