Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
What is an American diet without a side of green beans? Our Simple Green Beans recipe is so simple to make and is a healthy side to any dish.
Presentor: Trilogy Medical
Recipe type: Vegetable Side Dishes
- 1-½ pounds Brussels sprouts, fresh and cut in halves
- ¾ cup organic coconut oil – for mixture
- 3-4 medium garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbs. organic coconut oil – for cooking
- Wash Brussels sprouts thoroughly. You may use Fit Fruit and Vegetable Wash to be certain to remove any fertilizers, dirt, or other residues. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Remove any outer yellow leaves of the Brussels sprouts and throw away. With a sharp knife, cut off and throw away the ends of the sprouts. Then cut sprouts in half lengthwise. Put in large bowl and set aside.
- Gather all other ingredients: organic coconut oil, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper. You may want to gather some kitchen utensils as well: measuring cup, garlic press, and small whisk. If you don't have sea salt, you may use kosher salt; however, it may not have the same tasty effect.
- In a measuring cup, measure out coconut oil. Add pressed garlic, sea salt, and black pepper. Stir well. Pour mixture into the mixing bowl with Brussels sprouts. Stir until all sprouts are coated.
- Cover Brussels sprouts and refrigerate until ready to cook. If you are in a hurry, set sprouts aside and prepare your meats and other dishes. Cooking the sprouts only takes approximately 8 minutes, so you can cook these quickly and easily when ready. Refrigeration seems to infuse the tastes better, but there is nothing wrong with cooking them right after preparation.
- Heat stove top or electric skillet on medium-high heat and allow getting hot for three to four minutes. As a note, the electric skillet allows the Brussels sprouts to cook easier without sticking, thus leaving the shape of the sprouts intact. It also allows plenty of
Serving size: 3-4