Roasted Broccoli with Apple Salmon
Roasted Broccoli with Apple Salmon Servings: 4
Presentor: Trilogy Medical
Recipe type: Main Course
- 4 5-oz. sockeye salmon fillets (or your choice of salmon type)
- 2 small bunches of broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup Vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 large sweet red apple, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 cup natural apple cider
- 2 tsp. thyme flakes
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- (1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- (2) In a large pot, place broccoli. Cover with water, plus 3 to 4 inches. After water has boiled for 1
- minute, remove from stovetop. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process.
- (3) Transfer broccoli to a large baking dish. Add coconut oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Mix. Place salmon fillets on top of broccoli, and drizzle lemon juice over salmon. Rub exposed salmon with thyme and ground pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until salmon is opaque and flaky.
- (4) While salmon is baking, heat a large skillet over medium-high. Cook onions and apples for about 2 minutes. Stir in apple cider. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes or until onions and apples are soft. Add Dijon mustard and let cook for 2 more minutes. Add apple-onion mixture over top of salmon before serving. Enjoy!