Quinoa Cinnamon Porridge
Presentor: Trilogy Medical
Recipe type: Cereals
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 large apple, diced
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup pure unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup purified water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs. walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1-½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1-2 packets of Stevia (optional)
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Uncover, add almond milk, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Stir in apples, blueberries, vanilla extract, and nuts.
- Cover and let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Porridge will thicken during this time.
- If desired, add Stevia to sweeten porridge. Enjoy!