Nutty Chocolate Squares
Presentor: Trilogy Medical
Recipe type: Snacks
- 1-½ cup unsweetened brown rice cereal
- ¾ cup Old Fashioned oats
- ½ cup hazelnuts or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup + 2 Tbs. dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater), chopped into chunks
- 1 cup dates, deglet noor, pureed until smooth
- ½ cup hazelnut butter (can use almond, cashew, or peanut)
- 2 Tbs. liquid Stevia
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- (1) In a medium mixing bowl, add cereal, boiler. Remove bowl from double boiler. Add dates, butter, and Stevia. Carefully mix with wooden spoon until combined well. If mixture stiffens too much, set bowl over double boiler again as needed.
- (3) Add chocolate mixture to cereal mixture. Fold in until thoroughly combined.
- (4) Scrape mixture into a 9” x 11” x 2” baking pan, pressing down firmly with your hands and smooth the top.
- (5) Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, allowing mixture to set.
- (6) Cut into 1-½ inch squares and serve. In addition to squares, you can roll mixture into 24 truffle-like balls.
- (7) Store remaining squares in refrigerator for up to 5 days.