Gut Healing Bone Broth
Extraordinarily rich in protein; bone broths are given special emphasis among traditional foods circles. It's not a new food - our grandmothers have been making it for ages.
Presentor: Trilogy Medical
Recipe type: Signature Broth Recipe
- 8-10 cups water
- Bones (chicken, turkey, fish, crabs, etc.)
- 2 carrots, cut in 2-3 inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut in 2-3 inch pieces
- 1 onion, quartered
- ½ cup parsley, chopped (or 2 Tbs. dried)
- 1-2 tsp. dried sage
- 1-2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1-2 tsp. thyme
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1-2 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1-2 Tbs. lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Put all ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer on the stove or in a crockpot for several hours.
- Remove bones and skim fat before serving.
- Throw out the bones, but save the fat for making gravies.
- Use broth for soup stock or cooking veggies and grains with.
- You may even want to enjoy it as a warm beverage.