Recipes: Main Dish Salads
Grilled Salmon Salad
Presentor: Trilogy Medical
Recipe type: Main Dish Salads
- 3 red sockeye salmon fillets (or your choice of salmon type)
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, sliced into ringlets
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 tomato, diced finely
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- To make the avocado dressing, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and cilantro. Add avocados and tomatoes. Stir and set aside.
- Lightly coat salmon and onion rings with olive oil. Grill both until onion is soft and salmon is cooked through. Salmon usually takes approximately 4-5 minutes on each side. It should be opaque and flaky.
- Place Romaine lettuce in a large flat bowl. Add half of the dressing. Top with salmon and onion ringlets. Add the remaining dressing over the salmon and onions.