Beef & Bean Chili
Presentor: Trilogy Medical
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1 lb. ground beef, lean
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 8-oz. cans tomato sauce, organic, no salt added
- 1 14-16 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14-16 oz. can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14-16 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14-16 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1-¾ cups purified water
- 2-½ tsp. hot sauce
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbs. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Heat large pot, and add coconut oil over medium. Cook beef, onions, pepper, and garlic. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, beans, hot sauce, cocoa, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish each serving with 1 Tbs. of Greek yogurt and 1 Tbs. of cheddar cheese. Serve and enjoy!