Avocado Scallop Soup
Presentor: Trilogy Medical
Recipe type: Soups
- 1 lb. small bay scallops
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- ¾ cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- ⅓ cup celery, chopped
- ½ avocado + ½ avocado reserved and sliced
- ¾ cup low-sodium tomato juice
- 2 Tbs. lemon, juiced
- 1-½ Tbs. dried cilantro
- ½ Tbs. dried parsley
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt + ¼ tsp. sea salt reserved
- ¼ tsp. black pepper + ¼ tsp. black pepper reserved
- Add to blender: tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, scallions, celery, ½ avocado, scallions, tomato juice, lemon juice, cilantro, parsley, vinegar, sea salt, and black pepper. Blend until desired consistency is reached. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight to let flavors meld.
- When ready to serve, pat scallops dry and season with remaining sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat skillet and add coconut oil over medium-high. Add scallops and sear for approximately 2 minutes per side (or to desired doneness). Scallops should be ready when they are no longer translucent.
- Divide gazpacho (cold soup) between 4 bowls. Top with scallops and avocado slices. Serve and enjoy!